Awarded best gimbal AND best pro-video equipment (out of 1,700 products) at NAB. It's simply the best professional camera stabilizer. Here's why:
- Original Design: Designed from the ground up specifically for cinematography, not after thought like the rest of the gimbals on the market which put a handle onto the copter gimbal system.
- Optically-centered: To minimize sensor movement avoid robotic look in footage found with other gimbals.
- Eye-level Filming: Your hands is at the lens level, not a foot higher like other gimbals. This make shooting a lot less fatigue.
- Quick Balancing: It's a lot easier to balance each axis individually than making all 3 axis balance at the same time. Lens change is easier with simple adjustment of a single axis due to optical center design.
- Flat-bottom Design: You can put the gimbal down between shots without needing a stand.
- Intuitive Tilt Handle: The right handle of the gimbal acts as a joystick for tilting the camera up and down. This is the best loved feature.
- Seamless Suitcase Mode Transition: Going from eye-level to low mode seamlessly by just letting go of the left handle.
- Absolute Encoders: Prevent motors from losing their position during a bump. Improve stabilization precision. Adjust Dutch angle within a second by holding at the desired angle.
- Custom sliprings: Prevent wires from being tangled and the only handheld gimbal to allow 360, unlimited roll.
- Power Management: The first handheld gimbal on the market with power management.
- Custom Firmware
- Made In USA
Special Features for Helix PRO MKiii:
- Standard V-lock battery
- CNC-milled magnesium alloy frame
- 20 pound (9kg) weight capacity
- Modular Design: 3 axis for handheld or Roll axis only for Steadicam® or ShoulderCam work
- New Pan motor with quad bearings for added rigidity.
- Standard SDI In/Out through the slipring
- 3 Lemo® power outputs to power camera and accessories
- Front support ring to eliminate flex
- 3-axis stabilization with encoded motors
- WiFi and Bluetooth installed
- RC 2nd Operator Mode (included)
- Payload up to 18lbs (More if the setup is compact)
- Material: Magesium
- Weight: 6.95lbs without V-lock battery + 1.8lbs for front support ring
- Dimension: 16" (40 cm) span handle to handle
- Standard V-lock batteries. Letus V-lock battery is 95W (1.25lbs)
- Compatible with:
- Mid-size cine cameras
- Professional cameras (RED, Arri Alexa Mini, Canon C100-C500...)
All Helix gimbals are wired according to US standards where red pin is Positive (+). Any 3rd-party power accessories must be compatible.
Which Helix Model is best for my camera package? (video)
Helix FAQs/Technical Support
Helix Demo footage (video)
How to set up your Helix Pro: (Video)
Helix Pro manual